Need Help Kicking that Sugar Habit? Try This…
- Drink Water! Remember that 70% of our feelings of “hunger,” are signs of dehydration, so grab some water (not with “Crystal Light” in it either – but that’s a whole different soap-box topic.)
- Don’t Buy It. You are less likely to eat a sugary snack if you have to “make” it, so don’t buy the quick and easy candy bars.
- Use Fruit As Your Dessert. Sliced peaches in a fancy dish can be just as satisfying as a slice of pie.
- Use Applesauce or Bananas instead of sugar when baking things like muffins/quick bread.
- Eat More Meals – What? Yes, eating frequent small meals (5-6 per day) will keep your blood sugars level so you won’t “bottom out” and need a quick pick-me-up. (Examples: Apple& Peanut Butter, Cheese & Crackers)
- Don’t force yourself away from a fun sized candy bar, but just have one and be done.
- Use These Sugar Substitutes:
- Honey– has fructose in it, but is completely natural in its raw form. Has many health benefits when used in moderation – has as many antioxidants as spinach does.
- Agave Nectar – From the Agave plant and is very similar to honey, but has less of an effect on blood sugar levels.
- Stevia– a highly sweet herb which is completely safe in its natural form.
Schedule a Free consult with our Nutrition Coach – She is filled with great knowledge and advice and can’t wait to share it all with you!
When encouraging my patients concerning nutrition, I take a very realistic approach. I talk with patients in terms of long term. Diets are not long term. You won’t be able to go without protein, carbs, or fats the rest of your life. New diets are always the rage because people don’t continue with them over a lifetime, so something new must be created.
I will encourage patients to make one small change in their daily routine at a time. There are two simple lifestyle changes that are free, don’t take any extra time, and maximize the body’s own physiology. If patients see any positive changes, the desire to add another piece of the puzzle is more attractive.
After these two simple changes, there are three basic nutritional supplements that are simple, critical, and the most research backed. These three supplements are the best at boosting overall health, preventing cancerous pre-cursors, and any heart or blood issues.
21 Day Detox
Toxins… They are all around you and within you. They are in the foods you eat, the water you drink, and the air you breath. The average person comes into contact with approximately 2,000 toxins per day. You are probably aware of the common external toxins: pesticides, heavy metals, pollution, chemicals, caffeine, and preservatives. But, you may not have realized our bodies naturally produce toxins, such as ammonia and carbon dioxide.
The liver, lymphatic system, kidneys, lungs, intestines, blood, and skin are our bodies filtering system for those toxins. When these areas are overloaded with toxins, they cannot perform at optimum level. Common symptoms the body exhibits in a toxic state are headaches, gastrointestinal problems, poor sleep, weight gain, food cravings, fatigue, not holding chiropractic adjustments, and low libido.
If we could see the toxic sate of the inside of our body, like a rusted out car, we would get an overhaul. Contact us to day to see how we can guide you in unleashing your bodies full potential!
“We come into contact with 2,000 toxins every day. By addressing our bodies internal toxicity levels, you’re unleashing your bodies full potential.”
-Dr. Brent Scheideman